Gender-based violence in LuandaParticipatory video-project
The project aimed for an advanced training for the participants of the "Christian Association of Young Women" / YWCA network, who had already participated in a participatory video workshop in 2013.
The focus of the training was on video-pre-Production (with an emphasis on script-writing) and post-production (with an emphasis on video editing). The goal was to equip YWCA activists with additional knowledge and skills to independently produce video material to spread to their target groups.
- Teaching of advanced script-writing- & video-production-skills
- Various lectures on research- and interview-techniques
- Video-documentation of the "16 Days against gender based violence"-Campaign, to be included within one final video
- Filming of necessarry interviews and images, elaboration of the narrations and its recordings
Production of two educational documentaries:
1.) “Sexual violence within the family in Luanda“
2.) “Seizure of Goods and the Right to Inheritance in Angola“
- Four participants are from now on responsible for the elaboration of script-writing concerning future UCF video productions
- Five participants have agreed to dedicate their skills for creating the editing-team of the UCF media unit.
- These videos have in 2016/17 become an integral part of UCFs public screening activities and are shown primarily within schools and partnering churches
- Duration2 weeks
- Participants25 (11-17 years)
- ServicesParticipatory Video Workshop
- ResourcesChristian Aid/Irish Aid
- PartnerUCF (Female Christian Union) / YWCA link: www.youtube.com/user/UCFAngola