Ecotainment LabParticipatory-video- & environmental-awareness-workshop
Following a cooperation call between the StreetuniverCity Berlin and a local high school, Minibus Media was asked to implement a participatory video project to transmit media competence and enhance environmental awareness.
The project-initiative “Terra-Ecotainment-Lab“ brought together students from the 7th to the 9th grade to create two participatory videos on mobile-phone- as well as on clothing-consumption-behaviour.
Together with a local teacher, the project-inititive took place in limited conditions during lock down regulations at the local school and lasted for 4 months.
- Research and elaboration of the topics concerning celular-phone- and clothing-production
- Introduction to the essence of film language, documentary styles & social media
- Introduction to the basic elements of video-production and its technical tools
- Filming of the various interviews
- Editing of the videos & production of the soundtrack
Results & Impact:
- 14-teenage students participated within two media workshops
- Mediation of basic video-production skills to the participants
- Production of two ecotainment music short films
- Introduction to dissemination strategies and its target audience
- Launch at the local school in connection with a celular phone collection for recycling purposes & student visit from the Johanna-Eck-Schulet at Streetunivercity Berlin
- Duration4 months
- ServicesTransmission of raising environmental awareness and media competence
- ResourcesStiftung Naturschutz Berlin & Jugendamt Friedrichshain Kreuzberg
- PartnerStreetuniverCity Berlin & Johanna-Eck-Schule