StreetUniverCityBerlin (SUB)-partnershipParticipatory-photo and -video workshops
Minibus Media worked with the StreetUniverCityBerlin (SUB), which is offering new ways of social, cultural and political education.
The institution helps adolescents and young people from disadvantaged neighborhoods in career decision-topics and work-orientation using the language and methodology the participants can relate to.
- Transmission of the basics of photography as well as video production to young people between the age of 15-17 years.
- During the implementation of the video production workshop several short films and video clips were produced by the students, which were presented to an audience within an interactive multi-media theater-play at the Berlin theater “HAU 2“.
- After the first two meetings, the group succeeded to work as a team together effectively and developed their skills in the field of video production and photography.
- Overall, three of nine participants expressed their interest to continue the work within the field of media and continued with additional internships and trainings.
- One of the short films, "Sicilia Bedda", which was submitted within the "Nice to meet you-cultural collision" -100 seconds short film-festival, has been nominated as ultimately the 4th best from more than 98 submissions.
- Duration12 weeks (1x 90 minutes / week)
- Servicesteaching media literacy / vocational orientation
- ResourcesBerlin Project Fund / Cultural Education
- PartnerStreet Univercity Berlin link: www.streetunivercity.de/ www.hundertsekunden.de/2008/projekt