Vamos Votar-Construction of the Angolan democracy in photosPhoto-Journalism in Angola
Minibus Media coordinated the production of a photo-brochure on the Angolan parliamentary elections in 2008.
The pictures, which were photographed exclusively by members of the Angolan civil society organisation Omunga, are accompanied by short texts to report upon the day of the election.
- The participants were able to improve their skills with the camera and created with their photos the first exhibition in Angola devoted to this topic.
- Minibus Media supported Omunga in the post-production of the photo exhibition within as well as outside of the country.
- 1000 brochures were printed in Germany and distributed throughout within Angola’s civil society network for educational purposes
- 24 selected pictures were printed on canvas in Germany and sent to Angola to enable a travelling photo exhibition
- The photo exhibition was simultaneously opened with the third Civil Society Conference in Angola and was also exhibited in cities such as Huambo, Lobito and Luanda.
- Duration4 weeks
- ResourcesGoethe-Institut / PAANE / Christian Aid
- PartnerBrigada Journalista/Associação Omunga link: http://quintasdedebate.blogspot.de/