Dombe Grande - An example of collective action in the construction of citizenshipCitizen participation in Angola
A joint decision-making approach is an integral part of the culture and tradition of the rural community of Dombe Grande in Benguela province, Angola.
Members of this community with the support of participants of the "Journalist Brigade" and participants of the Angolan national civic organisation ADRA, produced a participatory documentary on their experiences of how to take matters into your own hands and together be responsible for the development of ones’ community.
- Video-interviews with residents of the Dombe Grande community with focus about their concerns, wishes and ideas for the future.
- Minibus Media worked on the post-production of this film, as well as on the creation of a DVD
- In addition, a brochure was prepared with additional information and testimonials about the project.
- Providing a unique document that proves that even with the simplest means and under the most basic of living conditions provided, people independently continue to develop as long as you let them.
- The video was duplicated five hundred time and distributed to various local NGOs working in the same areas.
- Duration2 weeks
- ServicesParticipatory-Video-production/post production
- PartnerADRA/Brigada Journalista/Cizizenship DRC