Angola on its way to the parliamentary electionsVideo-Documentary/Citizen-Journalism-Workshop for the production of an eductional film
In 2008, Minibus Media worked with the Angolan NGO Omunga to continue its training with the “journalist brigade” with focus on script-writing, filming and video-editing. This training was the second endeavor implemented with them.
- Training of 8 young activists in filming, video-editing, script-writing and conducting of interviews
- Filming over 20h of interviews with a multitude of stakeholders in Benguela and Luanda provinces
- Dubbing of the film in six local languages (Portuguese, Cokwe, Umbundo, Kimbundo, Kikongo & Kwanyama)
- Production of the 20 minuntes educational-participatory film "Angola on its way to the parliamentary elections"
- Distribution of 1000 copies to local organisations and the Angolan Electoral Commission for electoral education activities
- Additionally to the film, an accompanying booklet came with the DVD to assist educators in their educational activities.
- All material produced was posted for download on a blog, this way providing digital access to the film worldwide.
- More than 3500 people in Angola have watched the DVD followed by guided discussions facilitated by Omunga and its local partners.
- Duration2 x 3 weeks
- ResourcesDutch Embassy in Luanda, Trocaire, Christian Aid, CordAid
- PartnerAssociação Omunga, Brigada de Jornalistas link: http://quintasdedebate.blogspot.de/